The Portes du Soleil Mountain Bike tour is around 80 kilometers long.
Departing from one of the 12 resorts in the franco-swiss area of the Portes du Soleil, journey through the different villages. From Les Gets to Morzine, passing through Avoriaz, Champéry, Châtel and lake Montriond with incredible new views round every corner. Throughout the ride discover centuries old Alpine chalets, exceptional flora and fauna, enchanting waterfalls and the majestic peaks of the Dents du Midi!
A dozen chairlifts and gondolas, equipped with bike carriers, are dotted throughout the route. They provide uplift for the toughest climbs, making a ride with more descending than climbing : 7000 meters of descent and just 1000 meters of ascent. For the more ambitious there is an optional extra loop towards Torgon from the summit of Châtel.
The tour is open from the end od Junf to the end of August and is available to anyone with a Portes du Soleil lift pass, sold at €27 or CHF 30 for the day. This pass provides access to all 21 lifts in the Portes du Soleil.
The Portes du Soleil MTB tour takes in a lot of the route of the hugely popular event, the Pass'Portes du Soleil MTB which takes place each year in the last weekend of June.
Practical information :
* Seasoned riders will be able to get round the full tour in a day, but we advise you to take several days to complete the different parts of the Tour.
* Follow the signs throughout the route
* Portes du Soleil maps and guide books are available in the Tourist Offices and the Lift pass offices in each of the 12 resorts:
- The VTOPO Portes du Soleil MTB guide (56 MTB routes in French and English) is sold at €20,23 or CHF 25
- The Mountain Bike guide is a free panorama of the Portes du Soleil MTB area