The Portes du Soleil contains 12 linked resorts and 4 internationally renowned Bike Parks.
Our Bike Parks guide provides an explanatory overview of each park. The description is not exhaustive and we advise that you go and find out for yourself by exploring every corner of the Portes du Soleil's MTB network.
It's all possible thanks to the Portes du Soleil MTB liftpass: € 29 or CHF 31 per full day, for access to all 4 Bike Parks, all of which are linked and can be reached using the 22 mountain lifts open all summer.
Châtel Mountain Bike Park
Châtel Bike Park is in the "Pré-la-Joux / Plaine Dranse" sector. There are 20 tracks (including many variations) just waiting for you and your DH or Enduro bike to test them out. The Bike Park has tracks for all levels but above all, it has great variety.
In Chatel, you'll find everything from ultra-technical DH packed with roots and steps, to wide and smooth runs with easy jumps, shore sections and serious freeride lines, as well as cruiser routes for beginners.
Do an online search for "Air Voltage" or "Zougouloukata" and you'll soon see why Chatel is known as the "European Whistler".Chatel uses its expertise in top-flight sports championships to organise prestigious MTB events like the Chatel Mountain Style, the European MTB DH Cup finals, or the IXS Châtel European Downhill Cup in 2013.
- 20 DH tracks and an incredible variety of runs
- 1 pressure wash station in Pré-la-Joux
- 9 Bike Patrol specialists to maintain and keep the tracks safe every day (open and close the runs, check each run's safety, provide first-aid and all sorts of advice).
- 1 Drop Zone
- 2 Pump Tracks
- 1 nice and cheap accommodation deal from the Chatel Tour centre: the "MTB Riders Pack", includes accommodation and Portes du Soleil liftpass valid 6 days, from €162 per person per week (depending on period chosen).
For all enquiries, please contact: "MTB Rider pack" Châtel Tour, Centrale de Réservation at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: +33 (0)450 73 30 22
- 5 specialist MTB shops for hire or repairs
- Many options to organise outings with professional guides.
Stay tuned with the Bike Park:www.mountainbikeparkchatel.com
Bike Park les Gets
For almost two decades, the Bike Park in Les Gets has been an unmissable MTB destination. The leitmotiv of the resort? To democratize access to downhill riding while satisfying the most experienced riders. The ideal starting point for discovering the Franco-Swiss Portes du Soleil area, the Bike Park in Les Gets is a destination in its own right, with a dozen downhill trails, 6 all-mountain trails and the Canyon freeride trail with its many variations. In line with this desire to democratize mountain biking, the Bike Park des Gets is a balanced area with six trails dedicated to "beginners" for six more committed routes. This year, the Bike Park des Gets has set up a video park in the central sector of the Chavannes and a superb pump track in the heart of the village.
In a few figures :
- 128 km of marked trails
- 13 downhill tracks (DHI)
- 1 Freeride track.5 Enduro/Rando tracks
- 5 electric mountain bike trails.
- 3 charging stations for electric bikes
- 1 Enduro tour of the Portes du Soleil of 80 km
- 1 Jump Park of 3 ha with footbridges, jumps, forest passages, wooden modules.
- 1 mini Jump Park
- 1 4-Cross track
- 1 Dual Slalom track
- 2 Pump Tracks
- 1 Kid Zone
- 3 lifts dedicated to mountain bikes, including the Chavannes Express and Nauchets Express chairlifts equipped with a double rack allowing 2 bikes to be loaded per seat (22 lifts throughout the Portes du Soleil)
- 1 " Coaching Track " track
- 8 bike-patrols to ensure the safety and maintenance of the slopes
- A dozen MCF (Moniteur Cycliste Français) instructors
- 6 specialized stores to rent or repair your bike
- 35 people who take turns at the reception, on the lifts or at the cash desk
- 2 free bike washing areas, maintenance and repair points (available free of charge at the chairlifts).
follow all the Bike Park news : Facebook
Bike Park Morzine
The Morzine mountain bike area is spread over two distinct slopes. On one side, the Super-Morzine side in the Avoriaz sector, which offers 5 DH trails (including two new ones) and many very technical trails. On the other hand, the Pleney side, where the marked trails are generally more accessible and intended for novice to intermediate level riders.
You will surely come across internationally renowned pilots who have made Morzine their resort and training center. From Morzine, you can easily access via modern lifts to the mountain bike gems of Châtel and the Bikepark.ch (Champéry-Les Crosets, Morgins, Val d'Illiez, Champoussin) on one side and Les Gets on the other.
Morzine / Pleney area :
- 5 downhill runs
- 1 XC circuit
- 1 Bike ParkBeginners MTB zone
Bike Park Avoriaz 1800 map
Welcome to the BikePark of Avoriaz 1800, the ideal bikepark to start and progress in downhill mountain biking. With 14 trails designed for all levels and maintained by a team of passionate shapers, riders will find here a fun and varied terrain for expression. Located in the heart of the Portes du Soleil, the largest mountain bike area in Europe, the possibilities of itineraries from the Avoriaz bike park are immense.
The " plus " of the domain
- Evolving area, ideal for progressing
- Great variety of itineraries
- High quality trail maintenance
- Shapers who listen to the riders
- User-friendly with picnic areas and self-service barbecues
Super Morzine sector :
- 9 trails (3 green, 3 blue, 2 red, 1 black)
Lindarets-Mossettes sector :
- 5 downhill runs (2 blue, 1 red and 2 black)
- 2 enduros (Brochais and Mossettes)1 wooden pumptrack in the center of Avoriaz for all levels
- 1 video park "Tutti frutti
Bike Park Region Dents du Midi
Accessible with the unique Portes du Soleil ski pass, the Bike Park Region Dents du Midi, composed of the resorts of Champéry, Les Crosets, Champoussin and Morgins, is located in the Lower Valais, right next to the French border. The extent of this domain offers countless possibilities to MTB enthusiasts with a multitude of trails that everyone can follow according to their abilities.
From Champéry or Morgins, meet the local riders and share mythical descents on the favorite trails of the Portes du Soleil bikers! Enjoy the panorama of the Dents du Midi and go for it... from Champéry to Champoussin, from Crosets to Morgins, the Bike Park is your playground!
Distinctive sign of the Bike Park Champéry-Morgins :
Champéry has hosted the UCI Mountain Bike World Championships and offers one of the most mythical downhill tracks on the circuit.
Morgins : built and maintained by passionate people, the trails of Morgins might surprise you. 4 downhill trails for 4 levels of difficulty and many variations.
In a few figures :
- 9 downhill runs (DH)
- 7 cross-country trails (XC)
- 1 World Cup track
- 1 pump track
- 1 dedicated track for beginners in Morgins
- 4 mountain bike lifts
- 4 specialized stores
- 1 unforgettable experience !
To follow the news of the Bike Park Champéry-Morgins and on the social networks :
Facebook : www.facebook.com/bikeparkchamperymorgins/
Instagram : www.instagram.com/bikeparkchamperymorgins/